Hot Dogs with Baked Beans2013-01-08
The baked beans:
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 onion, chopped $
- 3 (18 oz.) cans baked beans
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
The hot dogs:
- 2 (10 to 11 oz.) packages refrigerated bread stick or pizza dough
- 1 (12 oz.) package hot dogs (8 hot dogs)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Make baked beans: Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain fat. Discard all but 1 Tbsp. fat from pan. Add onion to skillet and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in beans, brown sugar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard and salt. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 25 minutes.
- Prepare franks: Remove dough from package. (Do not tear dough along perforations.) Cut it in half crosswise. On a lightly floured surface, roll out and stretch one half lengthwise, and then trim short ends to form a 10- by-6-inch rectangle. Cut diagonally into 2 triangles. Roll up 1 hot dog in each triangle from one wide end to a point, pressing lightly to seal. Brush dough with egg. Repeat with remaining dough and hot dogs. Bake on a lightly oiled baking sheet until golden, 15 to 18 minutes. Serve with baked beans.