Individual Chocolate Melting Cakes2013-01-24
- 10Â ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4Â tablespoonsÂ unsalted butter
- 5Â eggs
- 1/2Â cupÂ sugar
- 3/4Â cupÂ all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2Â teaspoonsÂ baking powder
- 1/8Â teaspoonÂ salt
- caramel sauce
- coffee ice cream
- Heat oven to 325Â° F. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin tin with vegetable cooking spray.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a large bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from heat.
- In another large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar at medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and melted chocolate. Mix with a spoon until well blended.
- Divide the batter evenly into 8 muffin tins and bake until the cakes have just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- The cakes will still look a bit moist on top. Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes. Serve warm with the caramel sauce and ice cream.