Jamaican BBQ chicken2012-05-23
- Skill Level: Medium
An easy homemade Jamaican jerk sauce of soy, lime, orange juice and lots of spices makes a mouthwatering marinade for barbecued chicken.
- 1 spring onion, minced
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon minced green chilli
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- Combine spring onions, orange juice, ginger, chilli, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, allspice, cinnamon and cloves. Add chicken, and marinate for 8 hours.
- Preheat barbecue for medium heat. Cook chicken until juices run clear, and drizzle with leftover marinade that has been boiled for 2 to 3 minutes.