Kebabs with Broad Bean Puree2012-07-03
- Skill Level: Medium
Vegetables marinated in a tangy citrus marinade and served with with a bean puree
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 155g button mushrooms
- 3 zucchini (courgettes), cut into thick rounds
- 1 yellow or green pepper, cut into chunks
- 250g marinated tofu, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
For the tangy citrus marinade:
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
For the broad beans puree:
- 250g shelled fresh or frozen broad beans
- ½ cup natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Thread tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini (courgettes), yellow or green pepper, tofu and red pepper onto lightly oiled skewers.
- To make marinade, combine lime or lemon juice, honey, soy sauce and oil. Brush over kebabs and marinate for 1 hour.
- To make purée, bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add broad beans and cook for 10 minutes or until beans are tender. Drain and cool slightly. Place broad beans, yogurt, thyme, orange rind and black pepper to taste in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook kebabs under a preheated hot grill, turning frequently, for 8 minutes or until tender. Serve with purée.