Another distinctive Ethiopian dish isÂ kitfoÂ (frequently spelledÂ ketfo),Â which consists of raw (or rare) Â ground beef marinated inÂ mitmitaÂ , a very spicy chili powder
- 60g butter
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. chilli pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean round steak
- In a 9-inch skillet, melt butter. Add cayenne pepper, chilli pepper, salt and stir through thoroughly.
- Add lean round steak, freshly ground
- Mix thoroughly. Serve immediately. Do not cook.
- If your guests prefer the Kitfo cooked, saute it over low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.