Lazy Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie2013-01-15
Vegetarian shepherd’s pie made with leftover mashed potatoes, lentil soup, bulgur wheat, zucchini, yellow squash, kale, and mushrooms.
- cooking spray
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, sliced
- 1-17.6 oz. carton Roasted Garlic Mushroom Lentil Soup
- 1 cup. kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup. bulgur
- 2 cup. prepared/leftover mashed potatoes, heated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and coat a 2-3 qt. casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 6 minutes. Add zucchini, squash, and mushrooms and cook 5-6 minutes more, or until soft. Add soup, kale and bulgur; reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes, until mixture has thickened and kale has wilted.
- Pour veggie and soup mixture into casserole dish. Top with mashed potatoes. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn on broiler and broil for 5 minutes before serving, or until potatoes are golden brown.