Lemon and white chocolate cupcakes2012-06-12
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Light lemon cupcakes filled with chunks of white chocolate and a soft lemon curd centre, topped with lemon buttercream.
- 125g butter, softened
- 125g caster sugar
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 150g plain flour
- 6 teaspoons lemon curd
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
- 150g butter, softened
- 150g icing sugar
- a few drops lemon extract
- a few drops yellow food colouring (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add the lemon zest, and eggs. Then stir in the flour and baking powder, and finally white chocolate – continuing to mix as you add these.
- Using a muffin tin lined with 6 paper cases, spoon 1 tablespoon of the mix into each case. Spoon 1 teaspoon of lemon curd into each case. Spoon another tablespoon of the cake mix on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until risen and golden.
- Remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the icing:
- Mix 150g softened butter, 150g icing sugar, lemon extract and yellow food colouring to make the buttercream icing.
- Pipe icing onto the top of the cooled cakes using a piping bag and star nozzle.