This five-ingredient dinner is easy and delicious. Lemon, basil, and olive oil make a flavorful sauce for linguine and cannellini beans.
- 10 ounces (285g) dried linguine or desired pasta
- 1 19 ounceÂ can white kidney (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 of a lemon
- 3 tablespoonsÂ olive oil
- 1 cupÂ packed fresh basil leaves
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding beans for the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Remove 1/2 cup of the cooking liquids; set aside. Drain pasta and beans; cover to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, finely shred peel from the lemon half (about 2 teaspoons). In a small skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add lemon peel; cook and stir 1 minute, or until lightly golden.
3. In a food processor combine cooked lemon peel, basil, the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the juice from the lemon half, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and process until smooth. Add reserved cooking liquid, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency, processing mixture after every addition.
4. To serve, toss hot cooked pasta mixture with lemon-basil mixture.