Lemon-Rosemary Chicken Thighs2012-11-30
- 6Â bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 lb.), excess fat trimmed
- 3 tablespoonsÂ lemon juice
- 2 tablespoonsÂ olive oil
- 1 tablespoonÂ minced fresh rosemary or 2 tsp. dried
- 1Â garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler. Rinse chicken thighs; pat dry. Arrange thighs, skin side down, on a broiler pan. In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, rosemary and garlic. Brush 1/3 of mixture over chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat until lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Using tongs, turn chicken thighs skin side up. Brush 1/3 of lemon-juice mixture over skin and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil until thighs are browned, about 7 minutes.
- Turn off broiler and set oven to 450Â°F. Brush final 1/3 of lemon-juice mixture over chicken (discard any leftover lemon-juice mixture) and return pan to oven. Bake until juices run clear when pricked with a fork and meat is no longer pink at the bone, about 10 minutes. Serve hot.