Linguine with Easy Meat Sauce2013-01-10
For picky eaters, try serving this easy meat sauce over whimsically shaped pasta, like bow ties, rotini, or wagon wheels.
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh linguine
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup pre chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- 2. While pasta cooks, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion, garlic, oregano, and salt; cook 5 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in tomato paste; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 3 minutes or until thickened. Serve over pasta; top with cheese and parsley.