- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
This is a very awaited recipe and truely thanks to Sophie for sending us this lovely recipe on how to make the lovely Mahamri. You are going to love this to every bits as its very simple to make and can be eaten with almost any type of item, lovely with your breakfast tea or lunch aswell. Enjoy making this meal.
- 500gm plain flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2tsp ghee /butter/Margarine
- 1tsp yeast diluted in a little warm water
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 tbs cardamom seeds (hiliki)
- Throughly knead flour, sugar, cardamom, ghee/ butter/ margarine, milk and yeast to form a dough.
- Knead until the dough is smooth and blistered.
- Let it rise once, for a couple of hours on a warm place.
- Divide the dough into 4 balls.
- Roll each ball into 6” circle then cut into quarters.
- Put well apart on a floured board or paper and keep in a warm room for about 2hrs or until the dough is risen and becomes light.
- Deep fry both sides in oil till golden brown.