Malai Matar Paneer2013-03-12
- 2 cups of boiled peas
- 1 1/2 cups paneer (cut into small cubes)
- 4 tomatoes (peel and grind them with malai)
- 4 dry chillies
- 2 tbsp green or red chilly paste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tsp jeera (cumin)
- 1/2 cup malai (thick cream of fresh milk)
- Coriander leaves
- 2 tbp tomato puree
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
For The Dry Masalas:
- 5 tsp methi seeds (fenugreek)
- 9 pods of cardamom
- 7 tbps jeera
- 6 cloves
- 5 sticks cinnamon
- Roast dry masalas lightly on tava ,and grind them to fine powder when cool keep in the container.
- Heat oil,add jeera and dry chillies, when they splutter ,add ground tomatoes, ginger garlic paste. chilly paste.,tomato puree ,braise on medium heat for at leastÂ 8 mins ,add peas and paneer and cook again for 5 mins, add 3 tsps of dry masala powder.cook for 2 mins or till curry thick .
- Garnish with corriander leaves and serve hot with rotis,parathas,naan or even steamed rice.