Mango Mousse With Eggs & Without Eggs2013-02-28
Mango Mousse with Eggs
- 3 teaspoons gelatin
- 80 ml very hot water
- 1 large ripe mango
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon
- 150 ml cream
- 2 egg whites
- Sprinkle gelatine over hot water in a small bowl.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Peel mango.
- Slice the flesh away from the large flat stone.
- Reserve a few thin slices for decoration.
- Puree the remaining mango in a blender or food processor with the castor sugar& lemon rind.
- Whisk cream until it is thick.
- Pour in the mango mixture& fold through until evenly blended.
- Pour in the cooled gelatine.
- Stir well.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff.
- Fold gently through the mango mixture until completely combined.
- Transfer to serving glasses.
- Leave to set in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Decorate with the sliced mango and fresh flowers, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Mango Mousse without Eggs
- 2 cups mango pulp
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 ounce gelatin, 1 packet
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Sprinkle gelatin over 2 tbsp cold water. let stand for 1 minute till it softens. mix hot water in it.
- Mix gelatin in mango pulp.
- In a cold steel container, beat cream and sugar a little.
- Mix cream in the pulp and beat till soft peaks form.
- Fill glasses with required amount of the mousse and refrigerate at least 4 hours be fore serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream, mint and thick mango pulp.