Meatballs with Chutney2013-06-18
Toss broiled meatballs with Balsamic-Apple Chutney and blue cheese for a dinner that’s bursting with flavor.
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- Crusty bread slices
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 recipe Balsamic-Apple Chutney, (recipe below)
1. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, onion, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Mix to combine. Shape meat mixture into a 8×4-inch rectangle on waxed paper. Cut into 1-inch squares. Roll each portion into a ball and place in prepared pan.
2. Broil meatballs 4 to 5 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until internal temperature of meatballs reaches 160 degrees F.
3. Gently toss meatballs with chutney. Serve with crusty bread slices. Sprinkle with blue cheese and parsley. Makes 4 servings.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 Granny Smith Apples
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2/3 cup water