Meatballs with Pasta and Tzatziki2013-05-27
- 500g mince beef or mutton
- 100g creamy feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 x 72g pkt Gourmet Garden Greece
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 700g bottle Italian tomato pasta sauce
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 250g pasta
- 1 cucumber, halved, seeds removed and coarsely grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup thick Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
Preheat oven to 200°C. In a large mixing bowl combine mince, feta, 1 sachet each of the garlic, parsley and rosemary from the Gourmet Garden packet and lemon rind. Season well with salt and pepper.
Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and place onto a large baking tray. Bake meatballs for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the tomato pasta sauce and water in large saucepan. Bring to the boil. Add remaining packet of garlic, parsley and rosemary. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes or until almost tender.
Remove pan from heat, cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine cucumber, garlic and yoghurt. Season with salt and pepper. Serve meatballs with the penne, tzatziki and fresh mint leaves.
Note: Tip: Whenever you’re making meatballs, use wet hands to roll the mince into balls to prevent it from sticking to you.