Mediterranean Beef Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette2012-09-30
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 35m
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups torn romaine leaves
- ½ of a small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes ½ cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 recipe Lemon Vinaigrette
- Trim fat from steak. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place steak on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat until desired doneness, turning once halfway through broiling time. Allow 15 to 17 minutes for medium-rare doneness (145°F) or 20 to 22 minutes for medium doneness (160°F). Thinly slice steak.
- Divide romaine among 4 dinner plates. Top with sliced meat, red onion, halved tomatoes, and feta cheese. Drizzle with Lemon Vinaigrette.
LEMON VINAIGRETTE: In a screw-top jar combine 1/4 cup olive oil; 1/2 teaspoon finely
shredded lemon peel; 3 tablespoons lemon juice; 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano or
1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed; and 2 cloves garlic, minced. Cover and shake well.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper.