Melt In Your Mouth Blueberry Cake2013-03-13
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
- Cream butter or margarine and 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy. Add salt and vanilla. Separate eggs and reserve the whites. Add egg yolks to the sugar mixture; beat until creamy.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour and baking powder; add alternately with milk to egg yolk mixture. Coat berries with 1 tablespoon flour and add to batter.
- In a separate bowl, beat whites until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until cake tests done.