Mkate wa Sinia-Rice Bread2013-02-15
- ½ kg rice flour
- 120g sugar
- 2 tsp yeast granules
- 6 cardamom pods – crushed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup warm water
- In a bowl, mix together the flour and crushed cardamom.
- Dissolve yeast in ½ cup of warm water and allow it to fluff up. Add yeast to the flour mixture and mix to form a loose dough. Add some of the coconut milk if necessary. Turn dough onto a floured surface (use rice flour) and knead adding more coconut milk kneading well.
- Add the sugar and knead until it dissolves into the dough and is well incorporated. Add the remaining coconut milk mixing until a thick batter forms. Use extra warm water if necessary.
- Set aside covered and allow the mixture to rise.
- Grease a baking tin, add the mixture and cook in a hot oven until the mixture rises further and is golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Cut into serving size pieces and serve.