- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Vegetarian Crepes, egg-free chickpea flour crepes filled with creamy mushroom, herb & cream cheese filling
The great thing about these mushroom crepes is how versatile they are. They would make a delicious starter or main course. You could also make baby crepes and serve them as canapés with drinks.
- 1 cup chickpea (besan) flour
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbs of butter or olive oil
- 2 tbs of butter
- 500g (1 pound) of a mixture of button and portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 200g (1/2 pound) of cream cheese
- ⅓ cup of white wine
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 tbs of parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp of chives, finely chopped
- 2 tsp of dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbs of thyme leaves
- Begin by making the crepes. Combine the chickpea flour with the all-purpose flour and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the milk and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the olive oil and let the batter rest for 30 minutes before whisking in the water.
- Lightly brush a 7-inch crêpe pan with the butter or olive oil and set it over medium heat. Pour 3 tablespoons of the batter into the pan and swirl the pan to distribute evenly. Cook for 1 minute, or until the edges start to turn brown. Flip the crêpe and cook for 20 seconds before transferring to a large plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- To make the mushroom filling, melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms have softened. Add the garlic, cream cheese, white wine and water and stir until smooth. Add the herbs and simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- To serve place spoonfuls of the mushroom mixture in the crepes and fold over or roll, whichever is you preference.