- Skill Level: Difficult
Seafood is a popular dish in many parts of the world. Feeling adventurous, try this recipe.
- 1kg. octopus, cooked
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 small or 1 medium red onion
- A couple of bay leaves
- Olive Oil
- Few lemons
- Dry oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the octopus thoroughly in warm water. Place in a pot with a lot of water (to cover octopus completely). Add salt, whole peppercorns, lemon, garlic, and bay leaves. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and keep cooking for one hour or until the octopus is tender.
- Add water during the cooking so that octopus stays covered with water all the time. When it’s done, take the octopus out and run under cold running water and run with your hands to remove slippery tissues. Cut the octopus into smaller, size-bite pieces.
- In the meantime, cut the red onions, garlic, and red bell peppers. Combine everything in the bowl, add pieces of octopus, and add oregano, salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice, freshly squeezed. Mix everything well, and set aside for some time so that all flavors can mix.
- When ready to serve the salad, use a big plate and arrange a bed of lettuce and radicchio, cut in bigger chunks. Then place a scoop of octopus mixture on it and adjust seasoning.
Sourced from: http://www.greek-salad-recipes.com/octopus-salad-recipe/