- 6 – payaÂ ( trotters)
- 4 – onions
- 2 – tomatoes
- 50g – ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp – chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp – turmeric powder
- 3 tsp – coriander powder
- 4 tsp – coriander leaves
- 4 tbsp – oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash paya. Drain water and keep aside
- Cut onions and tomatoes into small pieces
- Wash coriander. Cut and keep aside.
- Heat a 4-litre pressure cooker.
- Add oil and heat.
- Put onions, ginger garlic paste and fry well.
- Add finely cut tomatoes.
- Add turmeric, chili, dhania powder and salt.
- Allow the mixture to cook on low flame for 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer paya and coriander leaves. Cook for 5 minutes. Mix well.
- Pour water enough to cover the contents in the cooker.
- Continue to cook on low flame.
- Wait for 5-6 whistles and then switch off.
- Serve with chapati or rice
Instead of cooking along mutton with other ingredients you can also pressure cook mutton separately along with salt, water and a spoon of red chilli powder until 8 whistles.