Pepper Chicken In Cashewnut2011-06-23
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Want a spicy tender chicken for dinner today. Well we have a perfect recipe for you and your loved ones. The rich exotic taste of cashewnuts with chicken make it soft and give a splendid taste to the main dish. This is a perfect recipe for a cookout or to serve to your guests welcomed at home.
750 grams chicken, cut into medium size pieces
3 tbsp Vegetable oil
2 cups onion chopped
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
4-5 large cloves of garlic, grated
¾ cup (1 large) tomato chopped
1½ rounded tbsp crushed Black pepper
2 rounded tbsp coriander powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
¾ tsp Dry Kasoori methi leaves
¾ tsp Garam masala powder
18 medium size Cashew nuts
1. Soak cashew nuts in ½ cup of water for half an hour and grind into a smooth paste.
2. Heat a sauce pan and add oil.
3. Add in chopped onions and salt and sauté until golden brown in colour. Add in the grated ginger and garlic and sauté until the raw smell goes off. Add in the crushed pepper, coriander powder and turmeric powder and sauté for a minute or two.
4. Add in the chopped tomatoes and let it cook until the tomatoes go mushy.
5. Add in the chicken, stir well and let it cook on medium flame until it is almost cooked. Add 1/2 -3/4 cup water if it is dry.
6. Add in the grated cashews, dried methi and let it boil for 2-4 minutes until the chicken is well cooked.
7. Sprinkle the garam masala and close the lid to retain the aroma.
8. Turn off the flame and serve with “Spicy Bites Frozen Paratha” available at leading supermarkets in Kenya for the best experience.
Enjoy your meal do let us know your experience
Image from http://thumbs.ifood.tv/files/chicken%20&%20cashew%20nut%20with%20stir%20fry.jpg