Peppered Steak with Creamy Mushroom Sauce2013-02-24
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 4 scotch fillet steaks, trimmed
- 50g butter, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 150g shiitake mushrooms, stalks removed, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons red wine or beef stock
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- mashed potato and baby spinach, to serve
- Rub both sides of the steaks with cracked black pepper and season with salt. Heat 30g butter in a heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 2 to 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil.
- Add remaining 20g butter, garlic, mushrooms and thyme to pan. Cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add wine. Cook until wine is almost evaporated. Add cream. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 1 minute or until sauce begins to thicken.
- Spoon mashed potato onto plates. Top with steak and spoon over mushroom sauce. Serve with spinach.