Peppermint Stick Hot Chocolate2012-12-17
For an adults-only party, consider spiking this drink with mint liqueur, such as peppermint schnapps or crème de menthe.
- 8 cups reduced-fat milk
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 12 candy canes
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- Whole grated nutmeg (optional)
Combine milk, brown sugar, cocoa, vanilla, nutmeg, and semisweet chocolate in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook 25 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally. Serve with candy canes and marshmallows. Garnish with whole grated nutmeg, if desired.