Pineapple Citrus Sorbet2012-01-30
- Skill Level: Medium
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
This is a refreshing after meal treat.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 500 g ounce can crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and sugar to a simmer over medium high heat until sugar is dissolved.
- In a food processor, puree pineapple with its juice until smooth.
- Transfer to a metal bowl (you are going to place this in the freezer), and stir in lemon juice, orange juice, and orange zest.
- Freeze until slightly firm, but not frozen. Process mixture again in the food processor or beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Transfer to a freezer container and freeze until firm, about 2 hours before serving.