Pineapple & Peas Pizza Toasts2012-12-07
- 6 bread slices (any kind from white, whole meal to grains)
- A cup of frozen peas
- 2 slices of canned pineapple
- 1/4 onion
- 2 tbsps tomato paste
- 1 tsp oregano, or any Italian herbs you have
- 2 tbsps ketchup
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan), whatever you have really
- paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius / 392 degrees fahrenheit. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Lightly toast the bread slices. To give you an idea how I “lightly” toast the bread, from scale 1 to 9 (according to my toaster), I toasted the bread on number 2. Then, rest them on the tray.
- In medium sized bowl, pour boiling water over frozen peas and let them sit until fully thawed. Drained and set aside.
- Roughly slice the pineapple and onion into pieces.