Pork Chops with Mustard Sauce2012-08-17
- 700g (1½lb) onions
- 700g (1½lb) leeks
- 6 spare rib pork chops (see tip)
- 25g (1 oz) butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 900ml (1½ pints) milk
- 1 bay leaf
- A sprig of thyme
- 8 tbsp. (120ml) double cream or crème fraîche
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) English mustard
- Salt & ground black pepper
- Chop the onions and leeks; trim the fat of the pork chops neatly.
- Heat the butter in a flameproof casserole. When foaming, fry the chops briskly until very light golden brown, set aside. Add onions and leeks and cook gently until soft, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Pour in the milk and bring to the boil.
- Replace the chops, add the bay leaf and thyme and bubble gently for 10 minutes. When pork is tender, remove to an ovenproof dish and keep warm.
- Bubble the sauce until it is reduced almost to nothing. Add the cream and mustard, season well and return the pork chops to the pan. Heat through for 1 minute and serve.