Potato, Corn & Tuna Patties2013-01-17
If you’re packing a lunch box today, don’t go past these fishcakes which include carrot, celery and corn to give them extra goodness, colour and crunch.
- 500g potatoes , peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 185g can tuna in oil, drained, flaked
- 1 celery stick, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 100g (1/2 cup) fresh or drained canned corn kernels
- 2 tbs chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 egg yolk
- 90g (1 cup) dried (packaged) breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Salad leaves, to serve
Cook potato in a steamer basket over a saucepan of simmering water for 15 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Mash until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
Add the tuna, celery, carrot, corn, parsley and egg yolk to the mash. Season with salt and pepper and stir until well combined.