These are guaranteed to leave your plate squeaky clean!
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- a little vegetable oil
- medium butternut squash
- 40 g butter
- 40 g freshly grated parmesan
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp milk
- 100 g grated cheddar cheese
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- bunch chives
- 4 radishes
- 8 raisins
- spring onions
1. Preheat oven to 190C/gas mark 5. Prick the potatoes in a few places, place on a baking tray and brush all over with the oil. Bake for 1-1 1/4 hours or until they feel soft when pressed.
2. Cut a medium butternut squash in half, scoop out the seeds and brush with a knob of melted butter. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until tender.
3. When cool enough to handle, cut the tops off the baked potatoes. Scoop out the flesh, taking care not to damage the skin.
4. Remove the flesh of the cooked butternut squash and add to the baked potato flesh along with mustard, parmesan, milk and butter. Mash together until smooth. Season to taste.
5. Put the mixture back into the potato shells, cover with the grated cheddar. Cook under a hot grill for a few minutes until golden.
6. Fix a small cherry tomato into each of the potatoes using a cocktail stick for the noses. Add some short lengths of chives for the whiskers – tuck these behind the tomato. Decorate with halved radishes for the ears, raisins for the eyes and spring onion for the tails.