Prawns Linguine in a Tomato and White Wine Sauce2013-01-05
A quick and easy shrimp linguine in a tomato and white wine sauce that is nice and light and healthy and yet full of flavour.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- chili flakes to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound prawns, peeled and deviened
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs such as parsley and basil, chopped
- 1 pound linguine
- Heat the oil in the pan.
- Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chili pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the white wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano and simmer until the sauce just starts to thicken, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as directed
- Season the tomato sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the shrimp to the tomato sauce and simmer until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the tomato sauce from the heat and mix in the parsley and basil.
- Drain the pasta, toss in the tomato sauce and serve optionally garnished with feta.