Prawns Wrapped in Bacon2012-12-17
If you’re looking for something a little different to serve guests, you can’t go wrong with these elegant prawn bites, pleasantly seasoned with bacon, basil, goat cheese and barbecue sauce.
- 10 bacon strips
- 20 large fresh basil leaves
- 20 uncooked medium prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled goat cheese
- Cut each bacon strip in half widthwise; set aside. Wrap a basil leaf around each shrimp. Wrap a piece of bacon around each; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Place in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Brush with barbecue sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 2-4 minutes longer or until heated through.