Roasted Chicken Stuffed with Rice2011-11-17
Do you want to try out something new for the whole family then this one is a must to try out, it will take some time but the outcome will just be too good
Enjoy the oriental way of cooking Roasted Chicken Stuffed with Rice.
Preparation time : 25 minutes
Cooking time : 1 hour
Ingredients – serves 6
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup pine seeds or 75 g
- 1 cup long grain white rice or 200 g
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ cups water or 375 ml
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- ½ cup raisins or 75 g
- 1 large whole chicken or 1400 g
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan, add and cook onions and pine seeds over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until almost golden.
- Add rice, cinnamon, black pepper, water, MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon cubes and raisins. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until rice is almost cooked.
- Stuff the chicken with as much rice as possible, and continue cooking the remaining rice to be served with the chicken.
- Roast the chicken in a 190°C preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Serve roasted chicken with the rest of rice, and fresh green salad.