Roasted Prawn Cocktail2012-12-19
For the shrimp:
- 2 pounds (12 to 15 count) shrimp
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup Heinz chili sauce
- 1/2 cup Heinz ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus lemon zest for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails on. Place on a sheet pan with the olive oil, salt and pepper and spread them in one layer. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes, just until pink, firm and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
For the sauce, mix the chili sauce, ketchup, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco. Top the shrimp with lemon zest and serve with the sauce.