Saladu Ñebbe (Black-Eyed Pea Salad)2013-01-22
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Simple and satisfying, this chile-spiked black-eyed pea salad dressed with fresh lime juice is a great side dish for grilled fish. The longer it sits, the better it tastes, so let it marinate for an hour or more before serving.
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 1 cup canola oil
- 5 cups cooked black-eyed peas
- 10 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 habanero chile, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice and parsley. While whisking, drizzle in the canola oil to make a smooth dressing.
2. Add the black-eyed peas, scallions, bell pepper, tomato, cucumber, and chile to the dressing. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Set aside at room temperature for at least 1 hour, or refrigerate up to overnight to marinate and meld the flavors. Serve chilled or at room temperature.