These are the outer coverings of the samosa and today we will show you how you can make these and then make the fillings for the samosa’s. Enjoy this recipe. Do share your experience.
- 4 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- cold water
- 1/2 cup oil mixed with 2 tbsp flour to spread on pastry, extra flour for rolling
- Mix salt oil into the flour until it is crumbly, add enough cold water for a chapatti-like dough.
- Divide the dough into about 20-25 balls, Roll out with into 3 inch circles.
- Spread oil and flour mixture over one roti, place the second one one top, pressing together gently, repeat until you have pile of seven chapati’s or roti’s.
- Roll out the whole pile until it is 7-8 inch in diameter, use extra flour during rolling if necessary.
- Place on a medium hot tawa, cook lightly on 1 side then turn the roti over and cook lightly on the other side for approximately 20 seconds.
Remove the top chapati/roti, turn over and remove the chapati/roti from the other side, repeat until all seven are separate. .
Wrap the samosa pastries in the tea towel.
When all the pastries are made, pile them evenly on top of each other, cut them into half, cut the top and bottom of to make them straight.
Then cut them into four equal pieces from one chapati/roti, thus giving you a triangular shape, then all you need to do is fold the shape to a samosa, and to stick the sides together mix little flour with water, to act as the glue.
Then add the fillings and you are ready to go and fry
Recipe Inspired from Chachis Kitchen