Sautéed Sweet Potato-Carrot Curry2011-11-22
This is one very nice and sweet dish that you will definitely love. Give a twist to your sweet potatoes and enjoy this yummy experience with all.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large yellow/sweet onion, diced
- 1 tsp mustard seeds/rai (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp coconut powder, extra for garnish
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds and jeera.
- When they start sizzling, add the onion and fry for a minute.
- Then add the sweet potatoes, carrots, turmeric and salt.
- Mix well, cover and let cook until the vegetables are half done.
- Remove the lid, keep sautéing until they are done.
- Add the chili powder, garam masala, coconut powder and toss well.
- Remove from heat after a minute.
- Sprinkle with coconut powder and serve with rice/chapatti.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe