Spiced Tuna with Rice2013-01-13
Low in fat and full of brain and skin-boosting nutrients, tuna is the perfect choice for those wanting a nutritious diet. This simple dish combines the fish with a deliciously flavoursome curry rice. Eating healthily never tasted so good!
- 2tbsp vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 ½ cm (1in) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1tbsp korma paste
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- 250g (8oz) basmati or long grain rice
- 250ml (8fl oz) hot vegetable stock
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- 2 x 180g (6oz) tins of tuna in oil
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, garlic and ginger, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the curry paste and dried chilli and gently mix.
- Add the rice and stir for a couple of minutes, until well coated. Add the stock and lemon juice and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cover the saucepan, allowing to simmer very gently for 15 minutes, or until the stock has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Stir though the spinach leaves and the tuna as well as its oil, then fluff the rice up with a fork.