Spicy Peanut Chicken and Green Pepper Skewers2012-05-23
- Skill Level: Medium
The chicken is marinated in soy sauce, dark brown sugar and peanut butter, then barbecued or grilled.
- 250g (9 oz) crunchy peanut butter
- handful chopped fresh coriander
- 175g (6 oz) salsa
- 4 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 7 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into strips
- 2 green peppers, seeded and cut into square pieces
- In a large mixing bowl, combine crunchy peanut butter, coriander, salsa, dark brown sugar, soy sauce, salt, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic and spring onions; mix well. Add chicken to the marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- While the chicken is marinating, soak bamboo skewers in water for one hour so they will not burn on the barbecue.
- Preheat the barbecue to a high heat. Or preheat your oven to grill.
- Thread chicken onto skewers like a snake, and in between each loop add a piece of green pepper.
- Barbecue skewers, turning once, for 4 to 6 minutes; or grill, until just browned and cooked through.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe