Spinach and Feta Quesadillas2012-12-28
Quesadillas inspired by the flavours of spanakopita, Greek spinach pie with spinach, fresh herbs, feta and plenty of melted cheese.
- 1/2 cup packed spinach, steamed and squeezed to drain
- 1 tablespoon herbs (a combination of mint, dill and parsley), chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- 2 (8 inch) tortillas
- 1 cup handfuls kasseri or mozzarella, shredded
- Mix the spinach, herbs, green onions and feta in a bowl.
- Melt a touch of butter in a pan.
- Place a tortilla into the pan, swirl it around in the butter and repeat with the second tortilla.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on the tortilla followed by the filling, the remaining cheese and finally the other tortilla.
- Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side. (Tip: To easily flip the quesadilla place a plate onto the quesadilla in the pan and flip it from the pan to the plate and then slide it back into the pan.)