Steak Sandwich with Caramelised Onions2013-06-11
- Cuisine: Continental, Father's Day, Turkish
- Course: Burgers and Sandwiches, Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
Our tasty Steak sandwich with caremalised onions has the midweek menu covered.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 large brown onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 (330g) beef minute steaks
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 450g Turkish bread loaf, cut into quarters crossways, split, toasted
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 60g baby rocket
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a frying pan over low heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Add sugar and vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until caramelised.
Meanwhile, place steaks in a dish. Add worcestershire sauce and remaining oil. Turn to coat. Stand for 5 minutes.
Heat a barbecue plate or chargrill over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 1 minute each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
Top bread bases with steak, onions, tomatoes and rocket. Sandwich with bread tops. Serve.