Stir-Fried Mixed Vegetables2013-06-26
This wonderful mixed vegetables dish creates flavour and excitement with simple cooking and just a few authentic ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium onion, halved, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 green onions, trimmed, cut into 6cm lengths
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, scored along the edge with knife, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1/2 small Chinese cabbage, thickly sliced
Heat oil in a wok or large deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion and chilli. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until onion is just softened. Increase heat to high. Add cauliflower, green onion and carrot. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until carrot is almost tender.
Blend cornflour and 1/4 cup warm water in a small jug. Add stock and cornflour mixture to wok. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Add cabbage. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until just wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.