Help kids learn to make homemade jelly with this easy recipe, designed for 5-9 year-olds.
- 1 sachet gelatine
- 450ml strawberry or apple juice
- 15-18 very ripe strawberries
- whipped cream , for decoration
- Ask a grown-up to put 6 tsp boiling water into a jug. Sprinkle on the gelatine, then whisk carefully until it dissolves.
- Pour in the juice and whisk, making sure it’s all mixed in.
- Pull the green hulls out of the strawberries. Use a knife to cut them into slices or small chunks.
- Put some pieces of strawberry into 6 glasses leaving a few to decorate at the end. They should be full but with plenty of room around them.
- Pour the juice into 6 glasses, filling them almost to the top. Put them on a plate or tray in the fridge to set. They will take about 4 hours to set.
- When the jellies are set, decorate with whipped cream and extra strawberries.