Freshly made dough is smeared with tomato sauce, seasoned paneer filling, mozzarella and the ricotta cheese, folded into half and baked.
For the dough:
- 250 gms flour
- 10 gms yeast
- 10 gms salt
- Â½ tsp sugar
- Â½ tsp olive oil
- 1 cup water
For the Filling:
- 50 gms roughly chopped paneer
- 1 bunch blanched and chopped spinach
- Â½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup (100gms) black olives
- 2 pieces sundried tomatoes with it’s oil
- 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp jalapeno chillies
- 1 tbsp ricotta cheese
1 tsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic sliced
1 chopped green chilly
- 2-3 basil leaves
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- Few leaves of oregano
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- Salt and pepper to season
- Put the yeast in water for it to start reacting and then mix it with the flour.
- Put it in a kitchen aid and mix till it all comes together and looks like a dough.
- You can tell it’s done once it does not stick to anything.
- Leave it to prove in a warm place, until it doubles in its size.
For the filling:
- In a hot pan put the sundried tomatoes with it’s oil, jalapenos, green chilli, spinach, olives, lemon zest, garlic and paneer.
- Put in some cracked black pepper and salt to season.
- Transfer into a bowl.
For the sauce:Â
- Cut the tomatoes in fours and put in the mixer; put some basil, oregano and tomato puree.
- Blend the ingredients into a nice sauce.
- Season it with salt and pepper.
- Flatten out the dough and roll it into a 12” diameter.
- Spread the tomato sauce on the flattened dough and stuff with the paneer filling.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella and the ricotta cheese on the dough.
- Sprinkle with cracked black pepper and fold into a crescent shape or half circle.
- Bake in the oven at 225 C for 15-20 minutes.