- 1 6 oz. can light tuna, drained
- 6 sheets nori (flat seaweed wrappers)
- 1 large carrot, cut into long matchsticks
- 1 cucumber, peeled, hollowed out and cut into long matchsticks
- 2 Tbs. light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp wasabi paste
- salt, pepper, ground ginger, to taste
- Drain tuna. Put in bowl and fluff with fork. If using other seafood, drain and chop in a food processor.
- Mix the seafood with the mayo and wasabi paste. Add spices to taste.
- Peel the carrot and cut into long, thin strips about 1/8 to 1/4 diameter. Peel the cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Cut like the carrot.
- Lay 1 nori sheet on a bamboo rolling mat. It should look like a piece of paper in front of you.
- About 2 inches from the bottom, spoon out a thin line of tuna mix, about 1/6 of the mixture. Lay a few carrot and cucumber sticks on top. Begin rolling, according to the instructions on the mat. It may help to slightly wet the top end to seal it. Cut into 2 inch long pieces. Repeat with the remaining tuna and nori. If making ahead, do not cut, and instead wrap in saran wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Serve over cooked rice, noodles, or salad.
Note: Nori sheets are available in supermarkets