Tambi – Vermicelli2013-02-21
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 Table Spoon Vegetable Oil
5 to 6 drops Rose or Vanilla Essence (optional)
1 Table Spoon Black (or mixed) Raisins
2 Pinches of table salt
1 Cup of water
- Add the oil to the Sauce Pan on medium flame, then add Vermicelli and start stirring.
- Stir until Vermicelli turns golden brown. Then stir a little more for some to get to dark brown but do not let to burn.
- Add the cup of water to the pan. Please take care as the process will cause a little steam to raise and may also splash a few drops of oil or hot water as you are mixing.
- Add the raisins by spreading all over the vermicelli.
- F adding rose or vanilla essence, now would be a good time to do so.
- Stir and spread evenly in the sauce pan, then lower the flame to medium low.
- Cover and take 5 minutes rest as the vermicelli gently cooks and absorbs the liquid.
- Inspect if the liquid has been absorbed and evaporated if so, then vermicelli is ready.
- Remove from stove and stir to mix one time.
Serve 3 to 4 heaped Table Spoons in small plate. Can be eaten by itself with spoon or fork or can be eaten with any kind of bread.
This is not the main meal, rather a side dish that can be served with rice and curry, bread and curry, mseto, chapatti and many more. That is why it can be eaten for breakfast or dinner (or some would call supper)