Thai Chicken Salad with Peanuts and Ginger2013-06-07
Such a refreshing dish, and very low in saturated fat. Any leftovers will be delicious for lunch the next day, when the flavours have the chance to really infuse together
- 3 large carrots
- 1 large cucumber
- 1/2 white cabbage, shredded
- 2 little gem lettuces, shredded
- Â½ red onion, very finely sliced
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 100g peanuts, toasted
- large handful coriander leaves
For the dressing:
- 2tbsp each fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce and rice vinegar
- 2tsp grated ginger
- juice 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
- Using a veg peeler, peel the carrots and cucumber, then drag it lengthways to make long ribbons of the flesh. Stop when you get to the lighter centre of the carrot, and the seeds of the cucumber. Toss these through with the white cabbage, little gem, red onion and chicken breasts.
- Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together, then pour this over the salad, toss through most of the peanuts, and most of the coriander. Serve in bowls with the remaining peanuts and coriander scattered over, and lime wedges on the side for squeezing.