Thai Grilled Chicken Satay Salad2013-01-05
A tender and juicy Thai style grilled chicken satay salad with creamy avocados, juicy cucumbers and a spicy peanut dressing that is just packed with fresh flavours.
- 1 batch Thai satay marinade
- 1 pound chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 4 cups salad greens
- 2 avocados (stoned, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 small cucumber (sliced)
- 4 green onions (sliced)
- 1 handful cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 birds eye chilies (sliced)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanuts (roasted and chopped)
- Marinate the chicken in the Thai satay marinade in the fridge for 1 hour to overnight.
- Grill the chicken over med-high heat until cooked and slightly charred, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and then slice it thinly.
- Mix the salad greens, avocado, cucumber, green onion and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Mix the peanut sauce, coconut milk, lime juice, fish sauce, chili and sugar.
- Toss the salad and dressing.
- Divide the salad between four plates, top with the chicken and garnish with the chopped peanuts.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe