Thai Pizza with Broccoli, Mushrooms & Red Peppers2013-01-15
The Thai Pie is a pizza topped with peanut sauce, cheese, broccoli, onions, red peppers, and chicken. Obviously the chicken is problematic, so we substitute mushrooms for the chicken pieces. Peanut sauce on pizza (especially pizza with cheese) should not workâ€“it shouldnâ€™t! But somehow it does.
- cooking spray
- 3 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar (use less if your peanut butter is already sweetened!)
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup. water
- 1 prepared pizza crust (or make your own)
- 3/4 cip. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets and steamed
- Preheat oven to temperature indicated on pizza crust package.
- Heat cooking spray or oil in small skillet over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms until softened and browned, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, pepper flakes, and 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Add additional water if needed, one tablespoon at a time, until sauce reaches a creamy consistency.
- Spread sauce onto pizza crust. Top with cheese, mushrooms, red pepper rings, and broccoli florets. Bake in oven according to crust instructions.