These cupcakes turn the classic Tiramisu into a teatime treat
- 100g (4oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 100g (4oz) golden caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1Â½tbsp instant coffee granules
- 2 large free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 100g (4oz) self-raising flour, sifted
- cocoa powder, for dusting (optional)
For the frosting:
- 75g (3oz) full-fat cream cheese
- 250g tub mascarpone cheese
- 1-2tbsp Marsala wine
- 3tbsp icing sugar, sifted
You will need:
- 12-hole muffin tin lined with paper cases (find gold foil ones at janeasher.com)
- a piping bag
- a star nozzle
- Heat the oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4. Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla extract together until light and fluffy. Add a couple of drops of water to the coffee granules and mix to form a thick paste. Stir this into the mix until well combined.
- Gradually beat in the eggs, then fold in the flour with a pinch of salt.
- Divide the cake mix between the paper cases, place in the middle of the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until springy to the touch and lightly golden on top. Remove the cupcakes from the muffin tin and cool on a wire rack.
- To make the Marsala frosting, beat the cream cheese, mascarpone, Marsala and icing sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe swirls on to each cake. Dust with cocoa powder, if using.