Veal Steaks with Italian White Bean Salad2012-09-25
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 0m
Many varieties of already cooked white beans are available canned, among them cannellini, butter and haricot; any of these are suitable here.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 veal steaks (680g)
- ½ cup (125m1) beef stock
- 60g butter
For the Italian White Bean Salad
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- 1 large tomato (250g), chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 x 400g cans white beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup (60m1) lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup (60m1) olive oil
- Make the Italian white bean salad.
- Heat oil in large non-stick frying pan; cook steaks, in batches, until browned both sides and cooked as desired. Cover to keep warm.
- Pour stock into same pan; bring to a boil, stirring. Add butter, stir until butter melts. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Serve steak, drizzled with sauce, with Italian white bean salad.
- ITALIAN WHITE BEAN SALAD Combine rocket, tomato, basil and beans in large bowl. Combine chives, juice, garlic and oil in screw-top jar; shake well. Pour dressing over salad; toss gently to combine.